Wednesday, January 04, 2006

From Russia with Love

Well Christmas and New Year are over and I've had a really good time celebrating. I'm feeling really relaxed and encouraged and excited about the New Year ahead. Christmas I celebrated first of all with the teachers from school which was fun - we went out to "Buffalo" and ate and ate and danced the night away! Then Christmas day I went to church and in the evening celebrated with friends from church. We all got together - gave presents, ate and played games (something the Russians love!!!) Boxing day I had to go to work :( Still it was a week of tea parties, presents and celebrating New Year so it was much more fun than normal!!!
Worked up to the 30th which was tough - my room is full of little father christmases, candles, cuddly toys and chocolates! Teaching is great!!!
New Year I celebrated with friends from church - we cooked lots of food and laid it all out on a table cloth on the floor (no table!!) got lots of tea lights and dotted them everywhere - it was very pretty! Then we ate and ate! Before New Year we thought of all that we were thankful for in 2005 and our dreams for the New Year. Then we prayed and worshipped into the New Year - it was perfect! Later on we prophesied over one another which was a great encouragement.
After that we went out for a walk then came back - ate cake and watched a classic russian film until 8am! When it was over I just had to go home I was sooooo tired!
Since then I've been recovering and enjoying long lie ins!!!!!
Well all the best for 2006!

From Russia with Love